This kit is a fabricated installation. It is meant to provide the original geometry and more robust installation than other kits on the market. By direct attachment to the frame, this kit provides a stronger mounting surface and increases the strength of the frame-rail. This weld on kit allows the idler/pitman to stay more parallel with each other than other kits on the market due to the closeness to the frame rail and better angle of installation to the centerlink. This kit is very easy to inspect with no hidden bolts or hardware that is hard to see.
This steering kit addresses all concerns by attaching the M83 box in the correct location just like the box was installed on later model H1s. This allows the correct geometry to be achieved. On top of that it adds an additional plate on each side of the frame and increases the size and thickness of the frame bosses. This kit is stronger than the original design!
It is an extremely important modification for the Hummer H1 and HMMWV platforms. Read below and watch the commercial for more information.
Kit Includes the Following:
· 1/4" Frame Formed Inner Frame Plate with Boss Holes
· 1/4" Frame Formed Outer Frame Plate with Boss Holes
· 1.375" x 0.375" DOM Frame Bosses
· Grade 8 Fine Thread Hardware (bolts & washers)
HumveeLife Commercial for the Steering Kit
H1 Sheppard Box Conversion Kit
· Provides a means to convert the weak Saginaw box to the Sheppard M83 Box correctly
· Allows the use of Alpha (or ECV) pitman and idler arms which have larger joints
· Maintains correct pitman and idler arm angles
· Provides full steering travel
· Strengthens/reinforces frame
· Sheppard Box provides a better steering ratio to move larger tires
· Better driver feedback
· Increased durability of overall steering system